Help needed for Adopt-A-Crag preparations.

Moderator: Shaft

Shaft
mullet baitfish

Help needed for Adopt-A-Crag preparations.

Postby Shaft » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:15 pm

When: Thursday, October 9th
Time: 8-9 AM until it's done
Where: Little Cottonwood, WMC Pavilion, the swamp

The SLCA needs your help!

The WMC pavilion at the bog needs graffiti removal and general clean-up so that it can be used for the raffle and after-party for the SLCA crag day on Saturday.

I have committed to the SLCA that people that post here and climb in LCC will help out. Again, it is time to step it up and participate!

Jonathan, Mike (monkey), and Clay (tenesmus) have volunteered so far. The more volunteers the better. Help make the crag day a successful event.

The bog boulder area always needs help, and the shack too. The landowner of the pavilion (and a lot more LCC land) has been friendly to climbers and this will help keep the SLCA and climbers credible in his eyes.

We need a minimum of 10 people......

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 am

still in. what should I bring?

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Postby jun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:53 am

I'm there. count me in.
Up, way up.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am

seriously, I have a 9:15 meeting. I will be there at 5:30 or 6 if you give me something to do. I can come by and pick up cleaning stuff if you tell me where to come and I have a crew who will likely contribute.

Shaft
mullet baitfish

Postby Shaft » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 am

I will be there for a 1/2 day starting as early as possible. As soon as I know the rest of the details I will post up. There should be plenty to do...

Tenesmus wrote:seriously, I have a 9:15 meeting. I will be there at 5:30 or 6 if you give me something to do. I can come by and pick up cleaning stuff if you tell me where to come and I have a crew who will likely contribute.

JP
Sport Rappeller

Postby JP » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Tenesmus wrote:seriously, I have a 9:15 meeting. I will be there at 5:30 or 6 if you give me something to do. I can come by and pick up cleaning stuff if you tell me where to come and I have a crew who will likely contribute.

I can be there at 6:30 - 7:30... have to be at work by 7:40 and I take the train in which gets me here earliest by 6:30.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm

working at 8:30a
working on changing that.
like me on facebook

200#gorilla
Broseidon, King Of The Brocean

Postby 200#gorilla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:39 pm

why do these things never happen when i am availiable?

i just took the entire week off to rehab my fuxxored back.

if i were to be healthy enough to work next thursday - i'd be an idiot to not go to actual work.

i was unemployed and raring to go for - oh, a long time.

jonathan knight
Scotch provider

Postby jonathan knight » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Okay here's the deal. We thought that it would be fun to have a get together and use the pavilion after cleaning it up instead of just walking away after doing all the work. The problem is that it is a grim scene, and it will take a lot of work to make it nice enough to hang. I could rent a pressure washer and even a paint sprayer to really spruce up the pavilion, but we are looking to some of you folks to take the lead as the Egg trail is a big project, and obviously the main focus. If we actually started using the pavilion, our presence alone would help discourage the abuse. Who knows maybe it could be a refugio of sorts. When I spoke with Jim Williams about it, he seemed open to the idea of a low key climbers' bivy site, but we also talked about tearing it down.

As for the graffit, I am definitely planning on renting a full scale sandblaster/diesel compressor that we can haul up the road with a truck. I also want to take care of the Parking lot boulder and see it we can reach the Beer Can Cave. (kinda doubt it) Whatever we can reach will go fast with the blaster, and I plan on being extra careful with the boulder problems. I will also have the biodegradable solvent and scrub brushes.

Gotta run off to work, but here are some pics. Mull the party idea over and plan on the Graffiti removal.

sidepull
Sport Rappeller

Postby sidepull » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 pm

how open was he to tearing it down?

i like the idea of a refugio but i doubt it will ever work. seems like as long as it's there it will only attract the wrong kind of attention.
huko maku maki yip-yah

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:11 pm

HOLY FUCK!

TEAR THE FUCKING VANDAL MAGNET DOWN.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 pm

showing my ignorance by asking, "what does 'teh' mean?"

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:33 pm

Tenesmus wrote:showing my ignorance by asking, "what does 'teh' mean?"

dude it's like totally TEK. learn yer city speak

oh yeah I am in.. that thing is a blight.

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:07 am

the graf says "TEK".

"TEH" is 1337 (LEET-SPEAK) for "THE".

make a note.

jonathan knight
Scotch provider

Postby jonathan knight » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Sidepull, I haven't spoken with Jim about the pavilion since last year, and that was just in passing. I'll be getting with him next week, so we have access to the road.

Thanks everyone that has volunteered:

Jun, Shaft, Tenesmus, JP, grk10vq, Backclip, Shingo, Paul, Mike, Zach
Did I get everyone? Monkey, are you in?

Let's meet at 6 am at the park and ride, and car-pool to the pavilion from there. We won't be hard to find if you come later. Work clothes, boots, gloves, and eye/ear protection are recommended. I will bring some extra.

If anyone has some extra tarps/drops, flat shovels, grain shovels, or anything else that you think will help, bring it. I will rent a sand blaster, and a pressure washer, and Paul has a paint sprayer. Shingo is going to have some coffee, and I will round up some snacks, but bring a lunch if you want to make it a day.

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”