Climb Fest Ogden: Saturday, April 28 1:30 - 9:00pm, Sunday

Moderator: Shaft

MikeA
Rock Prodigy

Climb Fest Ogden: Saturday, April 28 1:30 - 9:00pm, Sunday

Postby MikeA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:45 pm

I bet none of you sallies have the balls to show up and heckle me!

Brian in SLC
Gives Directions to the Pile

Re: Climb Fest Ogden: Saturday, April 28 1:30 - 9:00pm, Sund

Postby Brian in SLC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:56 am

MikeA wrote:I bet none of you sallies have the balls to show up and heckle me!

Nah, between the cost to sit at your table, and the chance that Piton Ron would shoot me...

Although I'll bet Andy would love to get a pay back!

Plus, I haven't picked out my condo in the gated community yet.

Gonna be a tough draw if the weather is nice that weekend, especially since it looks wet this coming weekend. Hard to sacrifice a day of climbing on a precious spring weekend.

So, Mike, you all about this outdoor disney land?

I'm still straddlin' the fence. Part of the whole gig makes my skin crawl. And, part of it I could get psyched for.

What say ye? Is this really a good thing for climbers? Or, is it something else all together?

-Brian in SLC
boissal wrote:Somebooody's smart balls need to be kicked all the way up the roof of his not so smart mouth.

MikeA
Rock Prodigy

Postby MikeA » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:43 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "outdoor disneyland". My understanding is that this fundraiser is intended to raise money to buy the ice climbing tower pictured.

I have no opinion on the aforementioned tower...I don't see myself using it, I don't care if other people do. If anything, it seems like it would reduce crowding elsewhere.

It sounds like plans are in the works for eventually creating some kind of ice park. I'm in favor of that. Back when I lived there, I spent lots of time hiking through thick scrub oak looking for suitable locations to farm ice, but I never found anything I could do alone. I'm glad people are organizing now so that it can be done well and legally.

The whole gondola/Mt Ogden Ski Resort seems so impossible to me, that I can't really consider it as a legitimate plan. Personally I don't see it happening, but, in the mean time, if climbers can benefit from a wealthy businessman throwing money around, why shouldn't we stick out our hat too?

I usually don't buy into the "slippery slope" arguments, but maybe I'm naive.

Mostly though, Jeff asked me to do him a favor, and I said yes.

bsmoot
Wasatch benefactor

Postby bsmoot » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I'm gonna heckle you right now! How can you climb at all when you eat 1 pound burgers, fries and huge chocolate brownie ice cream desserts?

Brian in SLC
Gives Directions to the Pile

Postby Brian in SLC » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:13 pm

bsmoot wrote:I'm gonna heckle you right now! How can you climb at all when you eat 1 pound burgers, fries and huge chocolate brownie ice cream desserts?

I'm going to hold off. Secretly recorded Mike singing after ice climbing...

Wonder if he can dodge rotten tomatoes...

See you guys there!

-Brian in SLC
boissal wrote:Somebooody's smart balls need to be kicked all the way up the roof of his not so smart mouth.

Mr sluggo
Sport Rappeller

Postby Mr sluggo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 pm

dont forget the boulder field cleanup sat morn folks. that area needs as much help this year as any year. sadly the graffiti has gotten way worse.

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”