HELP PLEASE!

Moderator: Shaft

bboysmeth
Gaper

HELP PLEASE!

Postby bboysmeth » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:00 pm

So, it seems as if UC.com has decreased in activity quite a bit. This is Seth by the way. So I live in southwestern utah an am jonesin for some high altitude bouldering exploration. Any beta out there? Specifically I have been looking at satellite imagery of the mineral mountains and boulder mountain near capital reef. Any info? I've heard of the choss at mineral mountains. I believe that is the bulk, but found this picture (http://scott.sphotographs.com/blog/wp-c ... ins_15.jpg) on some blog. Looks like a gem, but wondering if people have found potential out there. Help would be appreciated. Thanks,
SEth

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Re: HELP PLEASE!

Postby BackClip » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey Seth

There are some quality climbs out by Milford, you just gotta really hunt the non gritty ones down. Randy K and Steve Harbostack (sp?) have gone bananas out there if you can track them down. I know TDA has a tower he did out there. Shit, if your going all the way to Milford stop short and climb around Brianhead, there is some good sport climbing in those parts. And I thought I heard something about some hard problems around Panguitch lake....forget the name of that area though...good luck dude.

And BTW there is about 6 of us on here talking shit and nothing else so this place sucks for beta
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

price1869
Insensitive Traitor

Postby price1869 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 pm

BackClip wrote:Hey Seth

And BTW there is about 6 of us on here talking shit and nothing else so this place sucks for beta

Sure, but I don't recommend you head to MP.com and have 6 million people talk shit and give you sucky beta either.

Seth, I have no beta for you, but hit me up sometime and let's climb something,
12 fans, the exact number of dudes still posting on this chossy website.

pathway
Gaper

Postby pathway » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Sadly, not much up on Boulder Mountain.
I've run all over that mountain and found a few boulders, but nothing worth the distance it takes to get to them.
The rim looks great from afar, but is short and broken up.

The Flesh Pit (Big Rocks in the book) is the only non sandstone bouldering in the area.
Be prepared for dead animals, lots o broken glass, and rednecks with guns.

Return to “Bouldering”