Swamp Thing

Moderator: Shaft

nanaandbump
N00b

Swamp Thing

Postby nanaandbump » Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am

Im curious if anyone has some info regarding some blocs up on the hillside at the swamp. If you go straight uphill from that building by the bog boulder, eventually you run into a rather large bloc with a neat arete and a death landing - it looks like someone has been working this thing. Uphill from this perhaps 50 yards or so is a really large boulder with a nice roof and some features running up it. There is what seems to be an old trail that takes you right to the roof. We did a rather fun line on the right side of the roof, and I would love to know if folks have tried it or anything else on that bloc.

Also, Im kind of surprised at how far up the hill all of that graffitti goes, and the trash! Those are some motivated hoodlums. Ive packed down a fair amount of trash, and every time I wonder what is so appealing about tagging a bloc clear the hell up the hill where it's not going to be seen. I wonder if it's some sort of gangsta competition or something. Lame. . .

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Re: Swamp Thing

Postby boissal » Fri May 11, 2012 11:26 am

No info on those lines but I've had the same thoughts about graffiti. Bushwacking way up above the Cabbage Patch and pretty much level with Dragon Arch I found some delectable inscription about having intercourse with my mother on a small boulder. The graffiti was at ground level facing North...

You tell 'em buddy, and you make sure they tell their mom...

Fergy has some insane graffiti artists who walked all the way to the base of the Gallant Wall to tag some invisible block.
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am

whats even more disgraceful is this boulder is now completely covered....

all of that nice, clean slab is now pink and black.
like me on facebook

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 am

Can't be worse than being covered with French people as seen in this pic...
I'm still hoping to catch a kid with a can someday. I've always wanted to see what happens when you run full speed into someone with your pad in front of you. Do they bounce? Splatter? Break in half?
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

shiho
Sport Rappeller

Postby shiho » Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

boissal wrote: I've always wanted to see what happens when you run full speed into someone with your pad in front of you. Do they bounce? Splatter? Break in half?

There is only one way to find out...

Return to “Bouldering”