Stephan Left?

Moderator: Shaft

Wagon
Gaper

Stephan Left?

Postby Wagon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey All,

Not sure if it's been done before, but my buddy Dolan and I climbed a problem just to the left of Stephan this evening and I thought it was really nice albeit sharp. Starts on the same holds as Stephan but busts left on some cool holds and tension. It's a bit contrived, but climbs well, and only really uses one of the same handholds. Also, if you know if it's been done before let me know. Cheers!

Edit: If this was a first, we're gonna call it Stephan King and think it clocks in around V7 or 8. Hopefully someone can get up there and give this thing a go, we were psyched on it for sure.

Wagon
Gaper

Re: Stephan Left?

Postby Wagon » Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 am

Bueller?

Slightly related: Does anyone know what the line to the left of Tequila Sunset is? I assume it starts on the same start hold as TS, then goes left on very small crimps to top out on those cool tufa's on the left side of the boulder. I was up there last night and someone mentioned it, and said that it had broken? Regardless, it's a cool line, and it still goes. Any info would be shuper shweet.

-Kipp

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

the line left of TS is Quesadilla, start on crimps and head straight up the middle.
the line left of that starts on low jugs and goes to the pinch/rib, its called Pinchay.

there is a variation that starts on TS and traverses across and left to end on Pinchay.
like me on facebook

Wagon
Gaper

Postby Wagon » Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks man, somehow every time I come on here and ask about problems, I find them in the Black Bible the next time I look at it. Hope everyone is getting out, it's great up there right now!

lcc
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby lcc » Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 pm

The hold on Pinchay definitely broke and now looks a bit harder.
Keep keeping us psyched. I keep meaning to take some pictures but . . ..
fuckin' a

Return to “Bouldering”