LCC Classics Videos

Moderator: Shaft

weschrist
dick hole

Re: LCC Classics Videos

Postby weschrist » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Nice videos.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." FP

Edillon
Topropin' Dogwood

Postby Edillon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 am

Snowdrift landing under that last thing this coming spring just you wait

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Edillon wrote:Snowdrift landing under that last thing this coming spring just you wait

Love it. I'm in. It'll be bomber as long as there isn't any runoff sloughing off through that crack
boissal wrote:jeebus the signature thing is out of hands...

Wagon
Gaper

Postby Wagon » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

sevrdhed wrote:Quality shit at V5 was discussed here:

http://www.utahclimbers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3095

There's a good V4 problems thread lurking around somewhere. I also have a list of V4's I wanted to take video of that I still have yet to do because I'm super lazy. But that's at home.

Some things I'd personally like to see you shoot, in absolutely no particular order or grouping:

The high life, gentleman jack, prime rib, st nick, the journey, the big guy, toms problem, anything in the green a gully, the monolith not on toprope, i am sam, caveman (this video would probably suck but this problem is the shit), tequila sunset, and mormons strike again.

All those sound amazing. Gentleman Jack is a great problem. Hopefully will get out the next couple days and film a little, and plan to get on that. Not sure where most of those problems are (ie. the journey, i am sam, caveman, tequila sunset, mormons strike again). Did that Wormography problem for the first time on Monday, and couldn't believe I'd never been up there before. That will definitely be in my next edit. Pure quality climbing right there. Looks like this high pressure is here for at least another 10 days. Finger is feeling better, so keep an eye out for a nerd carrying a bunch of camera gear around, and flailing on problems. Hope you guys get out!

OH, and what is that boulder you posted? Looks rearry nice.

-Kipp

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:03 am

All the problems you mentioned are in the black bible in various locations. Some would still be good right now (like the journey, which is on the top rope boulder, or mormons strike again, which is in the outer canyon) but some are probably snowed in.

The pictured boulder is up high in a gully south of the water tower area. It's visible from a lot of portions of the canyon, including the secret garden and cabbage patch, if you know where to look. Pretty easy to find, kind of a slog to get to. Looks pretty cool but the landing is meh and the transition to the slab looks HARD.

PM me when you're gettin out to gentlemen jack, I've been wanting to get back on the high life again and I'd try and meet you guys up there.

Also, you oughta do this thing too:

Kind of a crappy picture, but the big arete on the left looks really really cool. And hard.

Wagon
Gaper

Postby Wagon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:34 am

Hey All,

Finally got around to shooting/editing a new LCC Classics. Only a few problems in here, but have plans to get out as soon as this weather stops being such an asshole. Enjoy!!

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

High quality - as usual! Thanks for posting, keep it up!

I like the grade shenanigans in there. V5 for Ring Choss, V4 for Tekkila. BWAH!
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

nanaandbump
N00b

Postby nanaandbump » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Well done! Thanks for the inspiration. I remember many moons ago seeing Max climb in a pair of Lederhosen. Good times were had by all until he started heel hooking. . .

lcc
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby lcc » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 pm

siiiiiik.

What's with the grade thumpin. What does the black bible call ring toss and tequila?
fuckin' a

Wagon
Gaper

Postby Wagon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Heyo! I think the black bible gives Tequila V4 and V8 for Ring Toss. As for Tequila, it's definitely real hard for 4, but that seems to be the case in LCC usually? And with Ring Toss, that's just my and my friends opinion on how difficult the climbing is. It's terrifying, but the climbing is actually reasonable and EXTREMELY rad. I'm not sure how to go about changing grades, but I tend to be more OK with the downgrade than the upgrade? at least when talking LCC standards :)

Glad you guys are psyched on the new cut. I'm pumped to get out and get some of the big boy classics on film in the fall. KGB, Wristrocket, Gentleman Jack, etc. etc. Lots more to do!

-Kipp

boissal

Postby boissal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I thought Tekkila was a 3? Probably the hardest at the grade... One of my all time favorites in the canyon, so purdy.
Max didn't exactly lool terrified on Ring Choss. Mustache Power?

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 am

I heard another person claim the same thing about ring toss - that if you factor out the fall'o'doom, the climbing itself is more like V5. I crap my pants everytime I walk near it, so I can't say myself.

As for tequila, it's gets a 3 in the book... I'm still projecting it. Wouldn't be the first 3 in that canyon I've projected, wont be the last. Here's a stupid question - Tequila vs Feck. Which ones harder?

boissal

Postby boissal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:27 am

sevrdhed wrote:Here's a stupid question - Tequila vs Feck. Which ones harder?

Feck is immossible...
Seriously, the last couple moves with the thumb gaston in the moss patch might as well be V10 for me.
Add the fact that the falls from the top aren't exactly pleasant and I'd say Feck win this round.

edit to demand that Wagon shoot a video of Feck.

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:41 am

Funny, I had an easier time with feck than I have with tequila. That being said, I think feck suits me more so that would make sense. And I agree, wagon, get up there and shoot feck fer fecks sake

Wagon
Gaper

Postby Wagon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 am

*commence flogging*

What and where the hell is Feck?

Return to “Bouldering”