Looking for participants, "50 favorite problems of lcc"

Moderator: Shaft

bboysmeth
Gaper

Looking for participants, "50 favorite problems of lcc"

Postby bboysmeth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 pm

This is a photo project. Im looking for 50 different individuals to photograph on one of their favorite boulder problems in the canyon. This will be a year or two project but will update the blog page with each addition. In addition to the photo I would like the climber to write a little something or long something about why the problem is signifacant to them. For example: if there was an epic with it, what inspires you about the problem, what your history is with it, the fact that you love the bad ass first ascent of the problem, describing a memorable session with good friends, etc. First come first serve on dibs to problems. Bully and prowler have already been snagged. At the end of the project I will print off a coffee table sized book for myself and any others who would like one. Would love to get Rollin on it asap. If anyone has one of their favorites up in white pine I would love to shoot up there before I head back to Zion tonight. I love the beauty if the canyon, the bouldering style and aesthetics of the granite, the history and the kick ass scene of devoted life long climbers here in the salt lake area. Send me a message or post up here. Thanks. Seth.

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Re: Looking for participants, "50 favorite problems of lcc"

Postby boissal » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Cool project.
I'd claim Double Dyno so I can finally see a picture of someone NOT doing it static then spraying about how burly they are, what with not needing to dyno and stuff.
Plus it's a proud highball...
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 am

Like I said the other day, I agree - this is a cool idea. I'd love to see a copy of the finished product.

As for favorite problems, hell, I have like 200 of them. That's not including ones that I can't send! I'd love to get out and start getting after some, later on this month.
boissal wrote:jeebus the signature thing is out of hands...

Tea
VIKING WARLORD

Postby Tea » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am

Pretty cool idea! Good luck with the project!
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

200#gorilla
Broseidon, King Of The Brocean

Postby 200#gorilla » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 pm

hah, seth, i've been working on this same project for about ten years.

as far as your project goes, i tried to think of all my favorite problems that i can do and there's not one of them that i would desecrate with my image on it (it's a pretty short list).

however, that V3 on the swamp boulder, teh longboard, or maybe slabdyno.....

lcc
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby lcc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Some ideas:

Surprise. The details aren't super clear but I bet MB could clarify. I was told it was a surprise FA saved for Ian Glas (apparently he loved aretes) for his birthday.

Gentlemen Jack. Another cool FA story. Walters and I spent like three days and crushed two car jacks (one that's now buried under the boulder that we flipped). Steve Maisch came up and made it to the lip like second try and dropped off, giving us the opportunity for the FA, we told him have at it and he sent next try.

Jack Horner, with Sam Tingey making the second ascent? and MC filming from the top- two LCC icons. I think I posted a pic of that on here.

Steven Jeffery on Sunset Arete.

MB on pro series &/or Funky Bunch

MC on Blind Spot. Such an obviously cool line so close to the road hat was overlooked for so many years.
fuckin' a

bboysmeth
Gaper

Postby bboysmeth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for all of the input and for all who have volunteered. Moving back in a couple weeks and psyched to get out

boissal

Postby boissal » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 am

I'd take big man on campus too if nobody wants it. Went back up there yesterday, damn that line is good and the place photogenic right now with all the water still flowing. And I could write a 500 (colorful) words essay about how scary it is to fall from the top when you're by yourself and the pads aren't placed right...

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Lulz^^^

i have fallen off of that problem in so many different ways - it's impossible to cover that much ground without three or four pads!

bboysmeth
Gaper

Postby bboysmeth » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Just got back to SLC and feeling psyched to get out to climb and shoot. Does anyone have a favorite up at the White Pine areas? Will be feeling pretty decent up there later in the day all through this week. Temps are looking pretty nice up there.

boissal

Postby boissal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:30 pm

That one Gorilla dude said he didn't care much for Tequilla Sunsomething last time I saw him...

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm

just don't steal/reveal my angle on the dangle.

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 pm

boissal wrote:That one Gorilla dude said he didn't care much for Tequilla Sunsomething last time I saw him...

I'd take that, but...... I can't fuckin do it.

I've actually given this topic a lot of thought, and I've come up with.... like 100 problems still. Thinking of the one problem you'd most like to get shot on is tough.
boissal wrote:jeebus the signature thing is out of hands...

Return to “Bouldering”