[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
NO STAR TUESDAY!!! - Page 2 - Utahclimbers.com

NO STAR TUESDAY!!!

Moderator: Shaft

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Re: NO STAR TUESDAY!!!

Postby grk10vq » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 pm

like me on facebook

samg
More professionally played cowbell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

nothing wrong with pbr in a can but what about i bring some

Postby samg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 pm

Barley wine?

Tenesmus
Chupacabra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tenesmus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:24 am

db
By all means, not a newbie

Postby db » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 am

Excellent! New sit-down start to Bald Headed Babies.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Hey Drew, I think may be Sidewinder died this winter. I didn't make it all the way up there, but the rockfall Shingo mentioned is fairly significant. I'll be back up there again soon with some loppers to clear away some of the trees. But most of those shade trees are gone now. Lots of rock fell from somewhere.

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 am

I just wanted to make it clear that the one thing I'm expecting from this thread is lots of quality pictures of terrible routes.

bsmoot
Wasatch benefactor

Postby bsmoot » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:37 am

mountainsense
Maximum Distortion

Postby mountainsense » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 am

TEN!
Might you have come across a #4 Camalot yesterday? It seemed to have disappeared somewhere along the descent from the East Gate... S

db
By all means, not a newbie

Postby db » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am

zacrobinson
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby zacrobinson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 am

If you were in attendance yesterday, would you mind dropping me an e-mail to let me know what your success was? routes climbed, number of pitches vs stars etc.

Thanks tons.
Update to follow.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 pm

tag
Variation-ascending-FA-claiming jonglord

Postby tag » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 am

Nice to get out and put some faces to names. Though there were so many people I didn't catch half of the names. e.g. Who had the yellow Royal Caribbean shirt? Ironically that is where I got into climbing. My wife and I went on a belated honeymoon last year and there was a climbing wall on the ship. I find it ironic now that my coworker had been trying to get me to go out for 10 years and it took a wall on a cruise ship to make me realize what I'd been missing. Sad but true.

Looking back at the pics, the wall actually wasn't all that bad considering the clientele.

Anyway, back to NST. My vote for "climbing move of the day" had to be Eric (Erik?) on Waterslide, the 5.9+ friction. He was a move below the one and only bolt which is about 20' off the ground when he peels, runs down the slab and then jumps the last 4' or so and lands perfectly on the not-so level ground. Turns around without even blinking and gets back on it. Peels again, this time back-pedaling down and manages to catch himself on a small ledge, while standing on the rope and willing himself back onto the face so he doesn't do a cartwheel off backwards and land on his head. This time he only pauses long enough to say that he might need to work on his slab technique. By now there are about 4 spotters jumping into place, but he marches up it and sends. Sorry if I misremembered the name, there were like 30 people there.

I'm still up for making at the next outing, but they'd be much better at a bbq in the hot sun. Icy cold drinks in the cold of night and having to drive afterwards isn't a great recipe.

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 am

Honestly as far as "indoor walls" go this one doesn't look half as shitty as the one I spend my winter on... Pulling plastic on a cruiser floating somewhere between heavenly Caribbean islands and gallons of margarita doesn't exactly sound like a bad way to get into climbing.
Better at least than groveling around on chossy flakes and ignoble mantles (yeah I'm talking about slam jam!)

Any thought on access issues and parking for the Peeler? We'll probably need to carpool from the lot at the mouth of the canyon, the parking lot at the powerhouse isn't the biggest one, plus I think the road to get to the buttress is private. There's a fat no trespassing sign, and you have to go stealth or find another way. I doubt 30 odd dirtbags will go unnoticed and bushwacking from the stick boulder sucks pretty bad.
I would strongly recommend headlamps for those in attendance, I've never managed to find my way back in the 5 or so times I've climbed up there and always ended up trashing straight down some gully. Doing it in the dark would be interesting...
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

rob duncan
Ralphie!

Postby rob duncan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:53 am

I am intrigued by the Peeler Buttress as well. Any idea what it would be like two days after considerable snowfall?

zacrobinson
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby zacrobinson » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Return to “Routes”