Dry rock in AF?

Moderator: Shaft

dirt girl
Gaper

Dry rock in AF?

Postby dirt girl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:13 am

Has anyone been to the Hideaway, Billboard or Red Corners lately? Are they seeping?

weschrist
dick hole

Re: Dry rock in AF?

Postby weschrist » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:17 am

good question... all I know is that Red Rocks has been in the 70's and bone dry for the last few weeks... what was the question again?
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." FP

Alpinerock
Gaper

Postby Alpinerock » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:20 pm

red corners are open, well at least blue moon area is i haven't been over to stretchmarks or book of condolences lately
Life is full of disappointments and i'm full of life

dirt girl
Gaper

Postby dirt girl » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:24 am

Answering my own question, we went down to AF on Sunday, but couldn't park for Red Corners/Hideaway. Tons of snow plowed to the side of the road. The parking lot for the Escape buttress is plowed, and the grid wall at the Billboard is climbable, but not perfect. A few moist pockets. The cave was full of icicles, which came crashing down at intervals throughout the day.

Alpinerock
Gaper

Postby Alpinerock » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 pm

Just parking at the Hell pullout works for the red corners area and is partially plowed right now. Its not a long walk.

lcc
No Steezy Afterbang

Postby lcc » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:49 pm

Anyone have an update?
fuckin' a

Alpinerock
Gaper

Postby Alpinerock » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Hell wall is mostly dry, hell is slightly damp but still do-able, high water was slightly damp as well. Reaching for razors, reanimator and jitterbug boy were all dry. Um parts of el diablo wall are dry, the cave itself is stil in sorry shape though, Linus is almost not damp... Red corners should be awesome though, even the membrane and cannabis are starting to dry out.

screamer
Punter

Postby screamer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:34 pm

Anyone been up to the hideaway lately?
roar

weschrist
dick hole

Postby weschrist » Wed May 17, 2006 11:57 pm

screamer wrote:Anyone been up to the hideaway lately?

yur a travelin man now... set your sights higher... you should be plannin for shit within 2hrs of wherever your next trip lands you... AF is choss!

(ps, I will be there May 25-29... where we climbing?)
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." FP

nooky brown
Gaper

Postby nooky brown » Thu May 18, 2006 11:41 am

So Wes, Im sitting at Sandy phys therapy. I lean back and knock a picture of the wall. I pick it up and low and behold who's ugly mug is on it but you.
It was next to some Ute quaterback (Mitchell?) and Terry Wood (reads the ABC 10 news I think).
I did not know you were so famous Bro, its such a thrill knowing Im getting my treatment done by physio's to the stars!.

weschrist
dick hole

Postby weschrist » Sun May 21, 2006 12:17 pm

shit. I wish I could deny my fame, but it is true.

They fixed my elbow up pretty good and asked for a picture. It was either that or...

Return to “Routes”