[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Altered States - Utahclimbers.com

Altered States

Moderator: Shaft

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Altered States

Postby speednat » Sat May 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Climb safe

Over_the_hill
Chuffer

Postby Over_the_hill » Sat May 07, 2005 4:51 pm

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Postby speednat » Sat May 07, 2005 10:40 pm

Climb safe

Tenesmus
Chupacabra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tenesmus » Sun May 08, 2005 1:00 pm

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Postby speednat » Sun May 08, 2005 6:40 pm

No, I wasn't going to take them to the actual climbs. I was planning on taking them up to the picnic area, climbing with my partner (who cancelled), and then getting my son and wife on the 5.6 NOT next to Goodro's, Six Appeal I believe.
As it turned out, since he cancelled, we went up to Gully of Higher Education and did Mckinley's Crack and the newer face route 5.8 just left of McKinley's. My wife actually did both, loved them, and she even said she has caught "the bug." She hadn't been out really since the baby, and the only climbs she had done prior was Lisa Falls Right, some easy 5.5 at Castle Rock, and pitch one of Schoolroom.
Thanks for your concern though, Tenesmus. The last thing I need to do is freak out my wife :roll:
Let me know when you want to do those routes up at Dragon Arch. I did do two more of them Ralph, Herb, Bert, and Ernie and also Valentine Crack. Look at my review at
Climb safe

Tenesmus
Chupacabra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tenesmus » Mon May 09, 2005 9:10 am

cool. I still have your draw.

MikeA
Rock Prodigy

Postby MikeA » Mon May 09, 2005 11:41 am

It's too late now, but in case anyone else reads this.... A couple winters ago, when the Fin trail was cleared out, the trail to altered states was also spruced up a bit. You start in the same location as for the Fin, which is about 50 feet up canyon from the Church Vaults road. You start up a shallow drainage. The Fin trail breaks left into the trees about 100 feet or so from the road. For Altered States, just keep going straight up the gulley. The trail may be hard to follow these days, and it will get bushy towards the end. If you do it right, you should hit some rock, then skirt around the rock to the left to get into the A.S. gulley.

etrier
Crushing The Slips

Postby etrier » Mon May 09, 2005 12:50 pm

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Postby speednat » Mon May 09, 2005 3:37 pm

Climb safe

MikeA
Rock Prodigy

Postby MikeA » Mon May 09, 2005 3:41 pm

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Postby speednat » Mon May 09, 2005 3:41 pm

Last edited by speednat on Mon May 09, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Climb safe

speednat
Crushing The Slips

Postby speednat » Mon May 09, 2005 3:42 pm

Climb safe

Over_the_hill
Chuffer

Postby Over_the_hill » Tue May 10, 2005 12:15 am

The altered states gulley has a lot of good climbing. Altered states has changed a lot since I used to climb it. It is now filled with vegetation in the upper section of the climb, and the belay ledge has "broken off" and a new ledge sits about 5' below where the old one once was. That is why you will do a move or two to get to the anchors. The rap off is also kind of epic, I think you better bring two ropes to avoid the hanging anchor at mid point.

Romance on the rock is still as great and "heady" as I remember it. Kudo's to Ellison/ Hauser for that line. A newer line also is to the right of romance on the rock, it looks good as well, but not quite as bold.

I used to love to do magic circus, angels ladder, pearly gates, and walk on air. Old school lines to be sure. I wish I had the time to join you when you go up.

MikeA
Rock Prodigy

Postby MikeA » Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 am

The routes I did in there were pretty dirty, and not very fun. That's one man's opinion, but then, I can't think of too much else in LCC that I don't like.

mike m
Sport Rappeller

Postby mike m » Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 am

second that MikeA, being next to and surounded by classic lines it does kind of suck. not a future destination for me. more bolts and traffic might actually help the gully. did I say that? I dont think anyone would mind though...

Return to “Routes”