Wanted: Backcountry Whore

Moderator: Shaft

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Wanted: Backcountry Whore

Postby jun » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 am

I really want to get into the backcountry this year. I have everything but a beacon. Anyone have an extra they could lend me while I tag along on one of your infamous outings? I can get out any Tues, Wed, or Thurs morning early. I would like to go as long as no one makes fun of my skinny skis.

I actually have a lot of experience in the backcountry, I just haven't gone in several years. Please invite me.
Up, way up.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Re: Wanted: Backcountry Whore

Postby BackClip » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:44 pm

jun wrote: I would like to go as long as no one makes fun of my skinny skis.

This is a deal breaker.

I got Tuesdays mornings. But have to work at 2pm. But I am also a snowpack whore. Gotta be at least 3+ more feet for me....
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

If I ever quit messing up my shoulder...

Come hiking with us in the morning. Its not actually trail running like you're all into. But we're going up to the Pawn just for the hell of it.

Clay

Shaft
mullet baitfish

Postby Shaft » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm not gonna be yer bitch Jun, but I will ski with you for sure, might be able to borrow a beacon for you too. Keep in mind I will totally make fun of your skinny tele setup but the dealbreaker is this early morning bullshit. Take a break from running on the weekend and do something fun for a change.

Also, if some dude called manho happens to be visiting from potato land and agrees to go, know that he has all the lightest gear this year and will be unstoppable on the up, you guys can race.

jun wrote:I really want to get into the backcountry this year. I have everything but a beacon. Anyone have an extra they could lend me while I tag along on one of your infamous outings? I can get out any Tues, Wed, or Thurs morning early. I would like to go as long as no one makes fun of my skinny skis.

I actually have a lot of experience in the backcountry, I just haven't gone in several years. Please invite me.
boissal wrote:"MEMORY DAB, REFUSING TO ACCEPT DEFEAT DAB, NOT SENDING THE RIGHT PROBLEM DAB, AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH DAB."

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Postby jun » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

Race? Going up? Yeah, I'm up for that. UP is the one thing I'll probably do well at. Well, next time any of you go in either the early morning or on a Saturday let me know and I'll see if I can make it. I will happily take a day off of running to hike up some mountains.
Up, way up.

Return to “Ice and snow”