[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Notch Peak - Utahclimbers.com

Notch Peak

Moderator: Shaft

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Adoggie
N00b
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Notch Peak

Postby Adoggie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:02 am

Last edited by Adoggie on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

weschrist
dick hole

Re: Notch Peak

Postby weschrist » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:16 pm

"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." FP

etrier
Crushing The Slips

Postby etrier » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:35 am

Adoggie (Weaver)?
I loved your route Western Hardman. I do want a much better topo than that available, however, for inclusion in possible second editions to the West Desert (Ibex)guidebook. I also would like to include Margum and Mineral and other Sawtooth activity...this may really get people pissed off but the only people I run into out there are from NOLS and I am tired of them renaming or adding bolts to exisitng lines that they are apparently unaware of. I need to hear from yu people out there. I am keeping all the info I do have updated as much as possible. I have tried to get in touch with you in the past without success. Call me 801 703 1144 or email me back please. The guys who diss Notch Peak are just clueless, so don't be put off. It seems like whomever is destined to venture away from the established norm to do routes like yours has to put up with criticism from somebody. Either too many bolts, too few bolts, not enough months of cleaning or not enough chain or whatever....keep up the good work and I salute you for what was obviously so much of unrecognised hard work!

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Postby jun » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:51 am

i knew a gentleman from Cedar City (a one Dr. Stoltz) who may have been there when a couple of those routes where authored. He has showed me pics of him soloing a few of them. You can see the varations in rock quality, but the overall impression that i get of the area is that it is really cool.

i've climbed at Ibex a lot and you can see the backside of Notch. It is a really cool place.

My only question is, is it really 4 hours away? Ibex is only 2.5 from salt lake. Do you have to drive on dirt roads for a while or something? I don't understand.
Up, way up.

Ben Folsom
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Postby Ben Folsom » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I agree with Etrier. Notch Peak has some great routes up it. The rock is of various qualities from excellent to pretty loose. There's nothing wrong with climbing a little choss now and again. It's really all about adventure and being up on an amazing wall, overlooking an amazing place.

Return to “New Areas”