Granite Creek

Moderator: Shaft

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Re: Granite Creek

Postby boissal » Tue May 19, 2009 12:39 pm

ddriver wrote:If memory is working, Hell-n'-Moria is the canyon immediately south of Notch. You used to be able to enter it from the east side of the range via a side-road from Sawtooth Cyn. That access has since been blocked, I believe. West-side access is probably open, don't know. Can't attest to a slot canyon, either.

Thanks, found it. I expected it to be further south, as in south of the road. It's directly below Notch. Doesn't look like a slot, they're probably using the word a bit loosely.
Lots of ground to explore in that area...
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

shaggy125
N00b

Postby shaggy125 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Cat Canyon has a limestone "slot" and is only about 10 feet wide in places. It's been on my "to-do" list for a long time. There used to be a picture online that I can't seem to find anymore, looked pretty dope. I hear rumors of other limestone "slots" in the area. Here is a link to some hiking beta:

http://www.utah.com/hike/cat_canyon.htm

A quote from the link:

"The canyon meanders, and before two miles are hiked, narrows at times to no more than 10 feet or so."

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:18 pm

shaggy125 wrote:Cat Canyon has a limestone "slot" and is only about 10 feet wide in places. It's been on my "to-do" list for a long time. There used to be a picture online that I can't seem to find anymore, looked pretty dope. I hear rumors of other limestone "slots" in the area. Here is a link to some hiking beta:

http://www.utah.com/hike/cat_canyon.htm

A quote from the link:

"The canyon meanders, and before two miles are hiked, narrows at times to no more than 10 feet or so."

Great stuff for rainy days at Ibex... That horse heaven place looks intriguing.
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

trashman
Tosser

Postby trashman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Uh oh, peeps on the proj looking at the Minerals again. Maybe they’ll be the ones to find gold there :roll:

Return to “New Areas”