Hypocrisy

Moderator: Shaft

SLCtruth
N00b

Hypocrisy

Postby SLCtruth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 am

read the review: SPOT ON! (it's funny to read the "other" reviews. I wonder who that could be?)

http://www.gearreview.com/book_cityofrocks.asp

Almost as good as (per Climbing 189 issue). He has been a hypocrit since the 90's, probally before that too.

" I publicly vow never to place another bolt, in the Wastach, City of Rocks, Yoesmite, yadda, yadda.fart"

But then again, I guess we all know how truthful the guy is. Am I the only one getting sick of all his new hardware all over Schoolroom/Peeler? It's one thing to add a no star route to a crag (its what he does best), it's another to add rap/belay staions every 22m.

So I would publicy like to thank him (not) for bringing the Wasatch down to his level so he can profit on the Wasatch, one bolt at a time.

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Re: Hypocrisy

Postby boissal » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

You wouldn't be into beating dead horses now would you?
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

SLCtruth
N00b

Postby SLCtruth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Love to beat dead horses! Just got done climbing up there recently and was disgusted by how many new bolts were up there. Probably been that way for a bit, just took me a second to realize it.

Over_the_hill
Chuffer

Postby Over_the_hill » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 pm

SLCtruth wrote:Love to beat dead horses! Just got done climbing up there recently and was disgusted by how many new bolts were up there. Probably been that way for a bit, just took me a second to realize it.

Interesting. Many of the newer bolts in these areas are from other climbers as well. Case in point:

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/elemen ... /106773170

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/axis-o ... /105741725

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/tingey ... /106291286 (which had bolts added to an established line. Now, in fairness the knowledge that this was an already established line came after the bolts were placed and the bolting party added them with good intentions with the knowledge thay had at the time)

This is just the Becky's Wall area, and those are bolts being placed by others than the person you are so angry with. So your statement: "So I would publicy like to thank him (not) for bringing the Wasatch down to his level so he can profit on the Wasatch, one bolt at a time." should apply to a lot of other people as well.

I have seen the additions to the schoolroom area, and I do not agree with what has been done. He has a back story (or excuse) for what he has done. I suggest you talk with him, and let him explain his thoughts. In reality, I know nothing will come of this other than it will further set in your mind the hatred you have for this person. It will be two closed minds in a room, trying to justify why their point of view is right.

SLCtruth, good luck with this.....
Some days your the pigeon, some days your the statue......

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Over_the_hill wrote:Many of the newer bolts in these areas are from other climbers as well.

Seems like the OP mentioned Schoolroom and the Peeler, not Tingeys and its new lines. I imagine he's referring to the bolted 5.easys and numerous rap anchors that litter the standard schoolroom descent.
Regarding the Peeler, some of the lower bolts were added by a member of the FA party from what I understand. The new anchors at the base of Fool's Paradise have a nice engraving though.

Regardless, I would have to agree that the OP is wasting his time. He should go climb the West Slabs to soothe his mind :mrgreen:
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Appreciate ya trying to drag me into this John..thanks!
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Brian in SLC
Gives Directions to the Pile

Postby Brian in SLC » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:50 pm

That guide has been out of print for years. Came out in 98? Almost a collector's item by now...ha ha.

Been kinda quiet as of late...nice...
boissal wrote:Somebooody's smart balls need to be kicked all the way up the roof of his not so smart mouth.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Brian in SLC wrote:That guide has been out of print for years. Came out in 98? Almost a collector's item by now...ha ha.

Been kinda quiet as of late...nice...

Agreed! I like it quiet.. at least since I pulled my MP plug I haven't been contacted by the same person using 12 diffrent names. hmmm quiet......
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Over_the_hill
Chuffer

Postby Over_the_hill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 am

Sorry backclip, I didn't mean any harm. Quiet is good, and I will stay out of this.
Some days your the pigeon, some days your the statue......

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”