straight canyon clean-up

Moderator: Shaft

tekers
N00b

straight canyon clean-up

Postby tekers » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi am new to this forum and joined to spread the word about a cleanup project in straight canyon on may 7th 2011. Straight canyon is located in emery county ut and is one of the best bouldering playgrounds in the world. It is also trashed from years and years of neglect I am a different kind of user than most of you I am a fly fisher. But I am trying to motivate all users of this area to help. We will meet in the morning and clean until the afternoon I will provide lunch after the clean-up. if you are interested in helping get ahold of me thru email, text, or phone. 801-633-6725 or dryflyguy.er@gmail.com if you can help please do thanks

steveoh
Punter

Re: straight canyon clean-up

Postby steveoh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Can you hotspot the location for us in case we're interested in heading down there?

tekers
N00b

Postby tekers » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Not really sure how to do that it is about 10 miles west of orangeville, near joes valley reservoir in emery county Ut

lamy
N00b

Postby lamy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Straight Canyon aka the Left Fork

Shaft
mullet baitfish

Postby Shaft » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Straight Canyon aka the Left Fork, like Lamy said...
boissal wrote:"MEMORY DAB, REFUSING TO ACCEPT DEFEAT DAB, NOT SENDING THE RIGHT PROBLEM DAB, AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH DAB."

Shaft
mullet baitfish

Postby Shaft » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Tekers, great service project. Straight canyon could use some attention, funny how most of the trash seems to end up next to the road or thrown down the embankment from the road. Maybe I am kidding myself, but I would hope that most of the trash in the area is not from climbers.

I sure have had some good summer days in Joes, climbing in the morning then fishing during the day. I will do my best to make it down for the project.

I will send you a pm about some ideas to help you get participants.....
boissal wrote:"MEMORY DAB, REFUSING TO ACCEPT DEFEAT DAB, NOT SENDING THE RIGHT PROBLEM DAB, AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH DAB."

tekers
N00b

Postby tekers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Details we will meet at food ranch in Orangeville at 10:00am and clean into the afternoon then come back to the lower parking area for lunch so fisherman can fish and climbers can climb.

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”