Black Diamond's 1st Annual Salt Lake Climbers Alliance Fundraiser

WHEN:

Thursday, May 20, 2010, 6-10 pm

WHERE:

The Black Diamond Courtyard
2084 East 3900 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84124
Information: http://www.saltlakeclimbers.org/

Tickets available at The Black Diamond Store or I.M.E.

Standard Tickets:
$30 before May 15th
$35 after May 15th

Premium Tickets:
$50 includes
SLCA Membership, one fundraiser ticket and gym passes (based on availability-and yes, you want these)

For those who didn't read the flyer:

Come one, come all to the first annual SLCA Fundraiser hosted by Black Diamond. Celebrate the alpine spirit of Seth Shaw!! Enjoy a night of music, food, slide shows, friends and fun. A great event for a great cause.

Food provided by Martine Cafe, Lortshire & Vlasic Catering, Desert Edge Brewery, Stella Grill, and Red Butte Cafe.

Sponsors include, Black Diamond, Momentum Indoor Climbing, The Quarry, The Front, Rockreation, Mountainworks, IME, Liberty Mountain, REI, and Utah Mountain Adventures.

This event will be outdoors in the Black Diamond Courtyard. It will be held rain or shine, persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult (i'll hold your hand if i have too), NO DOGS please.
like me on facebook

mb
LCC Emeritus

Re: 2010 SLCA Fundraiser

Postby mb » Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

does anyone else find it ironic that the poster says 'celebrating the alpine spirit of Seth Shaw' and has a picture of someone clipping a million bolts with plastic holds on some type of artificial wall? brilliant design concept.
nevertheless, a good cause, those who knew him all miss Seth.
mb

Brian in SLC
Gives Directions to the Pile

Postby Brian in SLC » Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah, many folks have noticed that.

Remember watchin' him in Maple, in the winter, tryin' to dick in a crappy pin with one hand, super sketchy, pumpin' out...scary to watch.
boissal wrote:Somebooody's smart balls need to be kicked all the way up the roof of his not so smart mouth.

Skyman
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Postby Skyman » Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Not to make this a Seth Shaw thread, but he was very inspirational to me. Took me up Zig Zag when I was a fledgling young climber at about a 5.8 level. I didn't know anything about the route, and he said he thought it was maybe 5.9. He was sandbagging me so I wouldn't chicken out. We climbed a few times together. I really miss the guy.

db
By all means, not a newbie

Postby db » Thu May 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Seth was a force of nature and is missed for sure. It's cool his parents are coming out from Chicago for the event.

The poster fails to mention that the slide show will cover many decades of Wasatch development and tall tales.
Brian Smoot will contribute for the 70's & 80's
Doug Heinrich and I will cover the 80s & 90's
Jeff Pederson and Tom Adams will take it from the '90s to the present
Dave Budge will keep us all from taking ourselves too seriously.

Good food, good drink, good cause. C'mon out.

Skyman
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Postby Skyman » Thu May 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I need to come out to this and pay my respects. I don't climb near as much as I used to. You won't hold that against me will ya?

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Fri May 21, 2010 11:34 am

So I don't know about you guys, but I'd really like to hear who it was Steve Maisch had to throw out of the party, and wtf that was all about
boissal wrote:jeebus the signature thing is out of hands...

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am

sevrdhed wrote:So I don't know about you guys, but I'd really like to hear who it was Steve Maisch had to throw out of the party, and wtf that was all about

It was about freeing Tibet mostly. And some incoherent drunken stuff. And shaking fists at things. Dude was still there when I left around midnight, still on his feet (although he took one fierce digger and almost took out one of Shaft's doors) and loudly demanding he be driven home while Folsom freed Tibet.
It was AWESOME.
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

200#gorilla
Broseidon, King Of The Brocean

Postby 200#gorilla » Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm

shit. i missed all that?

Tea
VIKING WARLORD

Postby Tea » Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Great event all around.

And for what it's worth...it's just a poster...by someone who volunteered her free time and effort to the cause, like everyone else.
If her work didn't hit the mark...then the board that reviewed it should have said something.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

boissal

Postby boissal » Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Tea wrote:Great event all around.

And for what it's worth...it's just a poster...by someone who volunteered her free time and effort to the cause, like everyone else.
If her work didn't hit the mark...then the board that reviewed it should have said something.

Cryptic at best. Explain or take it to a PM you jong.

Brian in SLC

Postby Brian in SLC » Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

boissal wrote:
Tea wrote:Great event all around.

Cryptic at best. Explain or take it to a PM you jong.

Learn how to read you f'n newb.

does anyone else find it ironic that the poster says 'celebrating the alpine spirit of Seth Shaw' and has a picture of someone clipping a million bolts with plastic holds on some type of artificial wall? brilliant design concept.

I thought the poster was nicely done, but, didn't really capture the essence of ST. Which, is fine.

Now, those t-shirts (!).

Great event.

Pretty sure Ben could free Tibet. Even without top ropin' it first. Heck, that'd be an onsight of Tibet. Didn't Lance already do that though?

Quite the turnout. Don't know when I've seen that many Wasatch climbers, new and especially old, in any one place before.
boissal wrote:Somebooody's smart balls need to be kicked all the way up the roof of his not so smart mouth.

boissal

Postby boissal » Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Oh that poster. I thought it was nice... Did anyone really bitch about it (still can't read)? Probably some gym rat who's concerned his momentum proj is gonna become more popular now that it's been used for a poster.
Is Tibet in Ferguson? I need the info-nympho.

Brian in SLC

Postby Brian in SLC » Fri May 21, 2010 1:02 pm

boissal wrote:Oh that poster. I thought it was nice... Did anyone really bitch about it (still can't read)? Probably some gym rat who's concerned his momentum proj is gonna become more popular now that it's been used for a poster.

Yeah, the "LCC Emeritus".

boissal wrote:Is Tibet in Ferguson? I need the info-nympho.

I think its in the Swell. Right next to "Death by the hands of the Chinese" or some such. 5.9, but, I hear the 5.0 parts are really really unprotected.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Brian in SLC wrote:I think its in the Swell. Right next to "Death by the hands of the Chinese" or some such. 5.9, but, I hear the 5.0 parts are really really unprotected.

You know it's really too bad too. It would be such a nice moderate area. Too bad the FA-ist have to stroke their collective egos.
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”