[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Peak a Week - Utahclimbers.com

Peak a Week

Moderator: Shaft

builttospill
Sport Rappeller
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Peak a Week

Postby builttospill » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Sev, Jun, you guys planning on bagging some peaks this summer?

Things are starting to melt out pretty well.

I'll get it started (sorry, I took no pictures today.....so these are old). Olympus has become my early summer warmup for bigger climbs. The rock is dry early and the climbing is easy. This year I thought I'd mix it up a bit and challenge myself, so instead of climbing Guert's or Kamp's, I wanted to link Guert's Ridge to Wildcat Ridge, ending on Gobbler's Knob. Even stashed a bike at the Butler's Fork TH this morning so I could ride back to my car.

Summitted a little over 3 hours from the TH. Got halfway to Triangle Peak on the traverse and turned around. No motivation, moving slow, blah blah blah.

Song for the day: Welcome to the Jungle

I hate Guns n Roses, but whatever....it's appropriate for that mountain.

As always, Olympus demands her pound of flesh for anything off the main trail (actually, my legs look much worse than this):

Lots of good, easy climbing up there though (Kamp's Ridge a few years ago)

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Peak a Week

Postby sevrdhed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 am

Ah, the gauntlet has been thrown! Hell yes, I'm definitely stoked to get out and summit some peaks this year - I need to stop being such a lazy bastard. Sounds like I need to plan an early morning adventure for something silly this weekend. You got any plans for saturday?

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Postby jun » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, i'm starting it with an easy ascent of Little Black Mountain next Saturday as part of the Wahsatch Steeplechase. Each week after that I'll be throwing down a peak or two, for sure.
Up, way up.

builttospill
Sport Rappeller

Postby builttospill » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am

builttospill
Sport Rappeller

Postby builttospill » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:31 am

Yesterday we went here

But we cut left and climbed Dromedary's loose north ridge.

Wildlife report: the moose in Broads are scraggly, skinny and stubborn.

The views south weren't bad (you could even see the Uintas to the east)

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Does anyone have a photo of Garret's route on Dromedary? Sounds interesting. This is supposed to be time of year to go.

rudyj2
Crushing The Slips

Postby rudyj2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 am

Regarding the line on Dromedary.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/utah/w ... /105967695

It is still the loosest climb I have done to date. Make sure to pull down and not out. Not trying to dissuade anyone because it is a good line with good climbing and a great position. Just beware what you are getting into and bring the helmets.
This site is for spray and shittalk only dammit.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 pm

cool, thanks. just trying to compare it to bts's pic for future reference.

builttospill
Sport Rappeller

Postby builttospill » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Ten, you can see a bigger version of my pic here:

Might also be some other relevant photos on summitpost.

SpreadSheet
Topropin' Dogwood

Postby SpreadSheet » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Me and some good folk have talked about doing the Lisa Falls to Broads Peak route soon, AKA Lisa Falls direct.

I've been 1/2 way up the right chute before, which supposedly won't take you to the top. There are some 5.fun slabs you can opt to ascend, and from the sound of things maybe a 5.7 chimney section. I don't plan on roping up but maybe I'll wish I had a rope when I get there...
the real phonies have no need to prove it to the strong

jun

Postby jun » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:28 am

Preston Peak this morning. That is a fun little peak to do. Nice views.
Taken with my cell phone:
Up, way up.

jun

Postby jun » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:02 am

A quick jaunt up Grandeur Peak with my son and mom the other day. It was pretty fun and very hot.

Peak jumping
Up, way up.

builttospill
Sport Rappeller

Postby builttospill » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Hiked Spanish Fork peak a couple weeks ago. Nothing special, no pictures. Just a long, hot hike, but it was nice nonetheless.

Headed to the Tetons this weekend.....

jun

Postby jun » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Post up how that goes. I was told this morning by climb14ers that he called the ranger station and found out that it is still very much winter conditions up there. Interesting.
Up, way up.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 pm

FULL WINTER condtions up there (Tetons)

"If the route you want to do has a chimney, expect ice". "Still alot of snow up high, like waist deep"

(from a homie who lives in Wilson)
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”