A great event to check out:
The International Climbers’ Festival is back for a 16th straight year! The 2009 Festival will be held this July 8th - 12th in Lander, Wyoming.
The festival is a non-profit and is connected to three local Lander climbing initiatives: the Jim Ratz Memorial Scholarship, the Todd Skinner Foundation and BARF (the local Bolt and Anchor Replacement Fund).
2009 highlights include:
SLIDESHOWS & FILMS:
• Superstar climber, Joe Kinder, will be giving the featured Friday night slideshow dubbed “One Year Past” and running a “redpointing tactics” clinic up at Wild Iris.
• The Telluride Mountainfilm film festival returns showing more of their amazing inspirational outdoor short films on Saturday night.
• Dave Anderson, just back from his “Mugs Stump Award” supported trip to Pirate Valley, Argentina, will give a slideshow on Wednesday night.
• Free climbing clinics by Arno Ilgner, Ally Rainey, Wendy Davis, Kris “Odub” Hampton, Joe Kinder and the Jackson Hole Mountain Guides.
• Climbing trainers, Steve Bechtel and Eric Horst, will be offering a new seven-hour climbing seminar dubbed “Climb Strong!” on Saturday aimed at covering all the bases for improving rock climbing performance.
• Rocking music from reggae artist Dan Sherrill and climber/rappers ODub & Misty Murphy.
COMPS & RACES:
• Slackline comp, dyno comp pull-up comp and the infamous crate-stacking comp
• 5K, 10K & 20K trail races at the Wild Iris climbing area.
• Saturday morning pancake breakfast, Saturday night pizza & beer and Sunday morning breakfast burritos!
• Awesome gear giveaways from our wonderful festival partners.
International Climbers’ Festival tickets are $40 if you buy online before June 1st. After June 1st they will rise to $45. All tickets include a festival t-shirt and entry to all events (except the Climb Strong seminar and the Wild Iris Trail Run).
To purchase a ticket and find out more specifics about festival events, history, area lodging and our amazing festival partners please visit http://www.climbersfestival.org.