your mp moment of zen...

Moderator: Shaft

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Re: your mp moment of zen...

Postby Tenesmus » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 am

I saw this photo,

then did a search for 'high valley moab' and was led to the rc.newb description
Look for two guys with cowboy hats. Tell them that "The eagle soars at midnight" and they will give you a golden key enscribed with the visage of the Wayward Donkey. You will give this key to Sklor, the keeper of the bridge. When you cross the bridge, all of your wildest dreams will come true.

and it made me happy.

GregG
Gaper

Postby GregG » Fri May 31, 2013 4:38 pm

"im going to city of rocks and would like to take a porta ledge but im too poor to buy one. if any one is willing to lend me one i would be willing to compensate as well as leave some collateral. only going one night june 30- july 1st"

sfotex
Crushing The Slips

Postby sfotex » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 am

The Asian dude at IME sandbagged us into checking out Lone Peak cirque yesterday.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:09 pm

If my dog pissed on someone's rope, I'd apologize, ask if I can rinse off their rope before the pee saturated through the sheath to the core, isolate the pee area, wipe it off with my paper towel or extra shirt, slowly pour water on it from my nalgene bottle making sure to rinse every affected area, then dry it with my shirt. I would also offer a consolation locking carabiner, 24" sling, or quickdraw.
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

ZOSO
Punter

Postby ZOSO » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Quote:

Keep your sense of entitlement sharp and start an e-petition, I'm sure REI will change the policy as soon as it becomes aware than 37 beaters on a climbing website disapprove of their actions.
The fact that some people manage to survive these days with such a feeble understanding of how their world spins is way beyond me.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 am

ddriver
Chuffer

Postby ddriver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am

Dogwood is soooooo cool!! And so are the Slips.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 am

Tyrel: it would be 11c in Maple and probably 5.7 in JTree or Yosemite. Also, keep in mind that nobody gives two fucks about your glory years climbing in PA... I'm glad you feel like downgrading makes your dick seem bigger but if all you're doing with it is stick up your own ass you're not gaining much. Keep being a tool bro!

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:43 am

You know, fuck that guy. I usually troll for the sake of trolling, the proj being such a gathering of overly sensitive twats with a pack mentality of par with mentally challenged sheep, but that guy actually got under my skin.
Look for more of the same in the climbing pet peeve thread. It's like a bitch fest at tea time in a retirement home over there. In under a page they managed to list just about anything that may happen on a day of climbing as a major annoyance. I wonder how long ago I'd have given up on climbing if EVERYTHING about it made my box sandy and painful.
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 am

I totally hear you there!! It makes me happy when you call people out on this kind of stuff. There is actually a lot of positivity out there too but the irony sometimes makes me chortle.

For instance, on the route "Out of Touch":
Zoso:I think posting this pic is a disservice. How else are peeps to go way off route to the left @ the top and take a big ass swing with their lead fall?

TLEE: Zoso, The Dotted red line is the bolted line, The green rope was being blown by heavy wind to the right, However the route is left and does end with the anchors a bit right. It is a run out Lead, however on Top rope you likely would need to have a direction draw below the anchors to prevent a small pendulum

ZOSO
Punter

Postby ZOSO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:06 am

The swing I took on that thing years ago was pretty entertaining. Somewhere there's a line as to how much info is disseminated about a route. It was a good learning experience for me as I tried a bit harder to read routes from then on. Of course, I still like to screw up, but still.

boissal

Postby boissal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 pm

bring a compass you giant, orange dong.

boissal

Postby boissal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

MP.com serious moment of eeeeeeeeeeeek courtesy of LCC's Master Scriptorian:

Stay focused, don't panic and keep breathing. These were going thru my mind today during an epic on Master Scriptorian. I have been eyeing that line for quite awhile and decided to
give it a go. I had heard of some loose blocks but had no idea of what was in store. Up to the first roof was great climbing and solid granite. At the roof I was not sure if I stayed right along the areate or tend left. Because the bolt was a bit to the tight and the edge was good and I saw a crack above for a cam I went right til I reached the big roof. I placed a cam under the block and gave it a tug and the whole thing slid onto my lap. It was big....it rolled off my left leg and headed towards the gully. OK I thought Mike is out of the way and OH SHIT Chopper block cut my rope in two.....There I was free climbing above a 120' fall with no pro in. Stay focused, Dont panic and Keep breathing. How I didn't come off with the block I have no idea, but i didn't.
I quickly got a two finger hold and held it for 20 mintues I was able to get a nut and a small cam in for an anchor But I didn't trust it with my life so I hung on. Mike after making sure I was safe and fairly stable soloed the crack left of the climb to the Ice anchors in the gully. He set up a single rope rapel with the remaining rope and rescued me. Thank Goddness for calm quick action. I can still feel the adrenalin several hours later. After we were safe, we both soloed the left crack and retrieved the rope and all the gear. The climb is a little safer now. however, I am still suspect of the left edge above the roof that seemed hollow as well and it is a place for cam and nuts which may cause it to go if you fell on it. Anyway be carefull out there, anything can happen at anytime. Thanks again to Mike Pond for his quick action....Cheers see you on the rock.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 pm

"me is....rock climber?"

like me on facebook

boissal

Postby boissal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Dear plastic Jeebus where did you find this?

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”