your mp moment of zen...

Moderator: Shaft

ZOSO
Punter

Re: your mp moment of zen...

Postby ZOSO » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Oh. The brain not connected to the fingers.

ZOSO
Punter

Postby ZOSO » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 am

Quote: "I did this route about a week ago while visiting. We rapped from the P3 anchors with a single 60m directly down. (did not do P4 due to the single rope). It was sketchy to say the least as you had to reach down to clip the anchor and then rap off the ends (while hanging onto them so you don't lose the rope). Rapping with a single 60m thus is not recommended despite the T.C. guidebook indicating all raps less than 100'."

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am

shiho wrote:Image.

Holy placements! Is that person placing in every scar or are they 3' tall? What route is this?
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 am

I think its called "The MartinezGarrettMelter"

tanderson
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Postby tanderson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

That seam is probably hard as shit, hence the bountiful amount of placements.

Ben Folsom
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Postby Ben Folsom » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Agree with tanderson... Looks like a difficult seam. The more metal between you and the belay, the better! Looks like something on the West face of King Fisher??
Wholesome Folsom

Tea
VIKING WARLORD

Postby Tea » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 am

Looks like The Hazing?
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

BackClip
Tie your hand to the bedpost

Postby BackClip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am

I could see that being the case. Shouldn't they just be leaning WAAYYYY over to find the empty hole someone filled with mud though :)
"Does your ass get jealous from all the shit that comes out of your mouth?"

shiho
Sport Rappeller

Postby shiho » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am

This thread is now a 'guess the route' thread? haha. The route is called 'look out! Danger!' in fisher tower. This one is controversial because it's rated A6+.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Watched someone blow a #2 cam and rip the flake/jug about 2/3's the way up Gordon's Direct. The toaster sized block almost crushed his belayer and another party on the deck... sketchy.

lumby...
like me on facebook

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 pm

shiho wrote:wayyyy too many bolts and they are not even well bolted. If you want adventure on chossy limestone, you are better off climbing notch peak.

Care to guess the route?
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 am

Unfortunately, the hands involved in this:
Yeah, RP, tree used to have slings (the tree below the roof used to be the end and anchor on the first pitch).

Was there a two bolt anchor on the upper face of the first pitch? That thing has to go. Maybe someone already took care of it?

You can rap down to River's Edge, too, and hit the ground from that anchor with a single 70 (maybe 60).

are likely the same hands involved in this:
hmmm, appears the photo I linked to has been removed from http://www.facebook.com/LittleCottonwoo ... ts&fref=ts

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 am

I've never chopped a bolt but I'd like to give it up to those individuals who sacrifice their free time; time when they could be climbing and having fun. Thanks for keeping me safe from climbing rap-bolted routes, terrorists and gay marriage.
like me on facebook

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am

Jul 4, 2012

In April of 2010 Taylor Maughan and I climbed the first 8 pitches. Even though the rest of the route wasn’t set yet, I fell in love with the route. It wasn’t until June 11th of this year that I climbed the route again, this time with Nick Cloward. This climb has amazing variety, great exposure, and gives dynamic to the climbing challenge.

Nick Cloward and I picked the perfect day. As far as weather goes, this is my opinion:
- 70-80 degrees is just fine (We climbed it with a high of 76)
- 80-85 is pushing the limit (We trained in this weather. We were downing water like crazy)
- Anything 85+ you will find miserable.
There’s pretty much a constant breeze moving around up there, which is nice. But the hotter it is, the more water you bring, and the more the sun zaps your energy.

This was our time schedule. We kept it pretty chill on the speed – enjoying the scenery a bit too much and whatnot:
7:15 leave parking lot
8:15 start 1st pitch
1:15 reach cave
- Lunch -
2:15 start 12th pitch
11:15 end 22nd pitch
11:45 start trail descent
1:15 get back to cars
TOTAL = 18 hours
We climbed 3 pitches in the dark. We summitted 2 hours behind ‘schedule’ – the sheer volume of pitches takes a good bit out of ya. The last quarter just seems harder because you’re tired.

Also:
- DON’T climb this without a helmet. I got beaned in the helmet twice with rocks. And that number easily could have been more.
- The “red” rope described in previous posts is now grey. Fully functional, just grey.
- In reading this form there is a high probability that climbing is a large part of your life. If you call yourself a climber, live within the Valley, and do not give this route a full-hearted attempt – you are doing yourself a disservice. The location of this superb route is second to none!

Tristan – Thank you for all your hard work and time spent in creating this route. It truly is an amazing gift to the climbing community. Rock Canyon has been a ‘stomping grounds’ to me for the past 3 years. I’ve climbed all over that place and I can truly say this is an impressive and unrivaled capstone to all the routes in Rock Canyon. Thank you.
By Shiho
Oct 3, 2012

wayyyy too many bolts and they are not even well bolted. If you want adventure on chossy limestone, you are better off climbing notch peak.

By Brennan Crellin
13 hours ago
rating: 5.11a

Tristan, thank you for your hard work on this classic climb! We looked forward to it for two years, finally set aside a day to send it, then loved it. The rock quality is sub-prime in a few spots, but that was out of your control and you set a great line, with fun climbing. Well done!

Climbed with my wife, Alexis, October 19,2012...43-67 F, no precipitation

Timing: Left car at 6:45am, started Pitch1 at 8:00am, finished Pitch 11 at 12:00 pm, reached summit at 6:30 pm, 10.5 hours of climbing
Gear beta: 20 draws, 4-24" slings, 2-48" slings, small backpack each, 3L water each, light food, headlamps, helmets, daisy chains, approach/traversing shoes

Climb Beta:
- Bolting is great on almost every pitch. Skipped some when linking pitches, but Tristan did an awesome job bolting this safely for its grade.
- Linked pitches 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8, 14 & 15

Pitch Ratings
- Pitch 1: not 5.10b but probably 5.9+
- Pitch 11: NOT 5.8 but probably 5.7 awkward...worst pitch!
- Pitch 16: NOT 5.10d. This pitch is easily 5.11a/b. Also, bolts on the sharp thin slab of this pitch should have been closer.
- Pitch 17: not 5.9 but probably 5.8. We added a section of red rope to the first bolt for improved visibility.
- Pitch 19: NOT 5.10c, but more like 5.10d-5.11a
- Roofs of Pitch 22: 5.10???.....probably 5.10c-5.11a range.

boissal
Posts photos of pets on Facebook

Postby boissal » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 am

Choss guzzling P-town homie wrote:Climbed with my wife, Alexis

I'd like to reassure everyone on this board that I didn't get married.
I like all 5 of you guys too much to make this kind of commitment to a guy who looked forward to climbing that route for 2 years.
Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake.

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”