James Welton RIP

Moderator: Shaft

njb
Gaper

James Welton RIP

Postby njb » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey folks. Don't know if many of you know James Welton, but he passed away on Touchstone in Zion on Friday evening. You can read about it rockclimbing.com, Mountain Project, SuperTopo, etc... It's a major bummer.

Anyway, from rockclimbing.com (http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/for ... st=1993384):

DETAILS ON JAMES'S MEMORIAL SERVICES

In Iowa:
Viewing on Friday, 24 October. 4-8 pm, scripture service at 7pm. Hugeback and Chenoweth Funeral Home in New Hampton, IA. www.hugebackfuneralhome.com

Funeral on Saturday, 25 October, 10:30 am. Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Charles City, IA.

In Salt Lake City:
Memorial service on Saturday, 1 November, 4:30 to 8:30 pm, at the private home of a friend of James and Jamie. Details can be found at www.lifetributes.com/JamesMartinWelton

Please help me by linking or posting this information to the other climbing blogs, websites, forums, etc. that are tracking memorial statements for James. I need all the help I can get right now.

Thanks, all,
James's girlfriend, Jamie Fields

Over_the_hill
Chuffer

Tragic Loss

Postby Over_the_hill » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:59 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Please pass condolences to all family and friends. We are here to help you too. John

StephNV
N00b

Re: James Welton RIP

Postby StephNV » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:08 pm

It's been 7 years since his accident, but we all still miss James. Our family remembers him every year in October by taking a "St James Day" to get outside and enjoy the world where James thrived. Everybody is welcome to join us! Post & tag a photo, too, so James' family can see. #GetOutside #StJamesDay #Oct17EveryYear
https://www.facebook.com/events/1693336527548231/

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”