Help needed for Adopt-A-Crag preparations.

Moderator: Shaft

peck
N00b

Postby peck » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:46 pm

I can't really bring anything as I just moved here with what would fit in my truck but I have a strong back and I'm dumb as hell so I'll work hard if you guys still need the help.

Hmm...

monkey
Badass Mofo

Postby monkey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:37 pm

[quote=" Monkey, are you in?

Do you have to ask?
I will be there. What day are we doing it?
shame on mike white for thinking cracks shouldn't be bolted in the first place and shame on him for calling it like it is and hurting my feelings.

sher
Gaper

Postby sher » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 pm

rockstar, you know gotohell, garrett, & I will be there.. I promise not to arrive @ 6 am, but from your experience, we're damn hard workers. We'll make up the time. Har.

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:32 pm

jonathan knight wrote:Sidepull, I haven't spoken with Jim about the pavilion since last year, and that was just in passing. I'll be getting with him next week, so we have access to the road.

Thanks everyone that has volunteered:

Jun, Shaft, Tenesmus, JP, grk10vq, Backclip, Shingo, Paul, Mike, Zach
Did I get everyone? Monkey, are you in?

Let's meet at 6 am at the park and ride, and car-pool to the pavilion from there. We won't be hard to find if you come later. Work clothes, boots, gloves, and eye/ear protection are recommended. I will bring some extra.

If anyone has some extra tarps/drops, flat shovels, grain shovels, or anything else that you think will help, bring it. I will rent a sand blaster, and a pressure washer, and Paul has a paint sprayer. Shingo is going to have some coffee, and I will round up some snacks, but bring a lunch if you want to make it a day.

I'll bring a little food too. It'll be cool to see others out at that hour.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

die frosted flakes!

Postby grk10vq » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:38 pm

give me directions tenesmus!
i dp'd once.

jonathan knight wrote:As for the graffit, I am definitely planning on renting a full scale sandblaster/diesel compressor that we can haul up the road with a truck. I also want to take care of the Parking lot boulder and see it we can reach the Beer Can Cave. (kinda doubt it)

i'm going to try to free up a majority of the day.
i'll bring the funeral potatoes.
like me on facebook

200#gorilla
Broseidon, King Of The Brocean

Postby 200#gorilla » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:46 am

this totally sucks for me.

i am so pissed about that graffiti on the bog boulder and i really want to contribute something.

my back is still fuxxored, if you need a gimp to drive, or something ghey like that - PM me, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

SERIOUSLY - I think that the structure at the bog (the rape shack) needs to torn down. Obviously, It is a magnet for jackass activity that is spreading on to our turf.

and as far as turf is concerned - i sure wish there was some way to police the fricken place........catching a jackass in action would be so much fun.

sevrdhed
Being the Real Strong

Postby sevrdhed » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 am

200#gorilla wrote:my back is still fuxxored, if you need a gimp to drive, or something ghey like that - PM me, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Someone once told me you're not too shitty with a camera. Why don't you take pictures.

200#gorilla wrote:and as far as turf is concerned - i sure wish there was some way to police the fricken place........catching a jackass in action would be so much fun.

We saw some cops busting up some kids tagging up there a while back, while on our way to the top rope boulder. Walkin down the trail, we had a woman kinda eyeball us strangely for a bit, until I approached her and asked her if she was the one that had called the cops on the kids. When she found out we weren't with them, she was psyched. I thanked her profusely for all of us.

And I'd be contributing in the morning but I gotta go see the kidney doc in the afternoon. I may still come up for at least an hour or two in the AM though.

jun
S to the P to the R to the A to the Y

Postby jun » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

i'll be there around 7:30ish.
Up, way up.

weschrist
dick hole

Postby weschrist » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 am

200#... all you have to do is take a 6 pack down there on Fri or Sat night after it has been cleaned up. Just hang out for a few hours after climbing/photographing... I'm sure they will show.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." FP

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm

can't we just enlist (pay) a teenager to simply identify the culprits from their lame tagz?

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 am

ok, so I have a pressure washer and a hose I think will reach the creek. I'm thinking if I pre-fill the hose in the creek there will be enough suck from the washer to pull from there. Anyone had experience to know if this will work?

jonathan knight
Scotch provider

Postby jonathan knight » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 am

I will be picking up a gas pump that we used last year to bring water from the creek. It comes with a hose, but we will probably use yours as well. Thanks Tene.

200#gorilla

Postby 200#gorilla » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:59 am

sevrdhed wrote:
200#gorilla wrote:my back is still fuxxored, if you need a gimp to drive, or something ghey like that - PM me, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Someone once told me you're not too shitty with a camera. Why don't you take pictures.

Alright then.

When I read this yesterday all I could think to myself was - with guys like Nathan, Andrew, and, even, GHG - why would they need my pix?

However, I just got an invitation to photo the event from Dave Budge, so, I'm definitely in.

And since - after trying to go back to work yesterday and re-jacking my back - I'm grateful to be considered for the photo job.

I'll be there both days.

grk10vq
Fully Gay (NTTIAWWT)

Postby grk10vq » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 am

just got confirmation.

i'm in for the long haul.
like me on facebook

Tenesmus
Chupacabra

Postby Tenesmus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Hey Jonathan, we may not need the pump to suck water from the creek. Gorilla's coming and well...

Return to “Announcements/Events/Other/Statewide”